Upcoming 13SEAS Events!!!!

  • Tea Hour- Every Friday 12:30-2pm in 5-314

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A New Year and a New Article Series!!!

Hello All,

Its been a pretty good year for 13SEAS(!) and we're pretty excited about the next one too. We're looking forward to making lots of improvements this next year, so keep a lookout.

This past term I was lucky enough to take 2.65 Sustainable Energy, a graduate course that is designed to give students an overview of sustainable energy technologies and the issues and problems which surround them. It actually goes by a lot of names including 10.391J, 22.811J, ESD166J, 11.371J, 1.818J, 3.564J and 2.65J. We talked about a lot of interesting things, did a couple of p-sets, and had a test, but then we had the opportunity to research, write a paper, and make a presentation on a topic of our choice.

Several people in the class wrote on ocean-related topics and were kind enough to allow me the use of their papers. Over the next few weeks I'm going to be posting these papers on the blog so that more people can learn about this exciting area of our field. I know that writing my paper made me interested in a whole new area of ocean engineering!

I'm going to post a big chunk of the first one because I'll be away for the next week with the swimming team.

Happy New Year and Happy Reading,
Rachel Price
13SEAS Reporter

P.S. Be sure to make good use of your IAP and if you do something OE related, send me some pictures or a quick paragraph!

No comments:

What do you think of the NEW format of Making Waves?